As 2023 draws to a close, the team thought to share some of the highlights from the past 12 months.
In addition to welcoming new team members to the Secretariat, the Health Tech Alliance grew through new industry and associate members, hosting bigger events than ever before and meeting key people in the health sector.
Bringing stakeholders and industry together has been our mission from the start, and we are pleased to be working in such close collaboration with industry and decision makers. Examples of some of the themes and issues we have covered this year include
- Early Product Development with NIHR (National Institute for Health and Care Research), NICE – National Institute for Health and Care Excellence and Accelerated Access Collaborative
- Procurement of HealthTech with Manchester University NHS Foundation Trust, Guy’s and St Thomas’ NHS Foundation Trust and Oxford University Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust
- Understanding the priorities of Department of Health and Social Care with David Lawson MCIPS, NHS Supply Chain and Andrew New, as well as NHS Commercial and Fiona Hilton
- NHS Net Zero and Sustainability with NHS Supply Chain, NHS Transformation Directorate and Sustainable Healthcare Coalition
In addition to our member activity, we hosted our event series Parliament and HealthTech, which saw more events than before, with a record number of attendees from across industry, NHS, policy and decision making. With events such as
- our Networking Reception in June, hosted by Lord Bethell, featuring a keynote speech by Dr Tim Ferris
- two roundtables exploring the opportunity in robotics, as well as diagnostics, detection and prevention
- flagship Parliament and HealthTech Conference, hosted by Chris Green MP
We have been proud to bring together the key players to ensure a constructive and cross-cutting dialogue in the HealthTech space.
2023 has been a great year for the Health Tech Alliance and we thank all of our members and everyone who attended our events for their ongoing engagement and support.