Parliament & HealthTech Conference 2020
The Health Tech Alliance’s inaugural Parliament & HealthTech Conference took place in Portcullis House on 28th January 2020.
The Conference was hosted by Steve McCabe MP, chaired by Dame Barbara Hakin, the Chair of the Health Tech Alliance, and was attended by nearly 200 delegates from across the industry, Parliament, civil society, the NHS and wider health bodies. It was sponsored by Edwards Lifesciences, Intuitive and iRhythm Technologies.
The half-day conference heard keynote speeches from the Secretary of State for Health and Social Care the Rt Hon Matt Hancock MP and Dr Sam Roberts, Chief Executive of the Accelerated Access Collaborative.
The first panel, ‘HealthTech – the future of the NHS?’, heard from:
- Chris Hopson, Chief Executive, NHS Providers
- Ameer Ally, Senior Market Access & Public Affairs Manager, Edwards Lifesciences
- Jennifer Howells, Managing Director, Broadview Healthcare Solutions Ltd
- Professor Heather Tierney-Moore OBE, Non-Executive Director, NHS Supply Chain Board
- Richard Stubbs, Chief Executive Officer, Yorkshire and Humber AHSN
The second panel, ‘Driving the uptake of innovation’, heard from:
- Joanne Holden, Associate Director of Medical Technologies Evaluation Programme and Interventional Procedures Programme, NICE
- Rachel Power, Chief Executive Officer, Patients Association
- Jo Gander, Director of Clinical Product Assurance at NHS Supply Chain
- Professor Tim Orchard, Chief Executive Officer, Imperial Healthcare NHS Trust.