Parliament & Healthtech Conference 2021
After the success of the inaugural Parliament & HealthTech Conference in January 2020, the Health Tech Alliance is delighted to bring you three virtual events as part of the ‘Parliament and HealthTech’ event series in 2021.
The Covid-19 pandemic has brought undeniable challenges for the healthcare system but it has showcased the benefits of HealthTech. The events will explore the role of HealthTech innovation as the NHS seeks to deal with a mounting patient backlog and Integrated Care Systems take shape.
Through a series of three virtual events chaired by the former Deputy Chief Executive of the NHS England Dame Barbara Hakin, we will bring together stakeholders from across the entire spectrum of the health and social care system to discuss the following themes:
27th April – HealthTech innovation post-Covid
24th June – Healthtech, AI and data: bridging the divide – book your tickets here
14th October – HealthTech 2021: the vision ahead – book your tickets here
The Parliament & HealthTech Conference on 24th June 2021 will bring together stakeholders from the entire spectrum of health and social care to discuss the following theme: HealthTech, AI and data: bridging the divide.
Chaired by Dame Barbara Hakin, the former Deputy Chief Executive of NHS England, this second conference will:
• Discuss the importance of HealthTech, AI and data in the NHS restart and recovery.
• Examine the role of patients and the workforce in building confidence in HealthTech innovation.
• Explore the actions that policymakers and NHS decision-makers will need to undertake so that the NHS continues to act as a ‘pull’ for the innovation of the future.
Dr Indra Joshi, Director of AI for NHSX, will deliver the keynote speech dedicated to HealthTech, AI and data.
Other confirmed speakers will include:
Professor Tony Young OBE, National Clinical Lead for Innovation, NHS England and NHS Improvement
Hassan Chaudhury, Digital Health Lead, Healthcare UK – Department for International Trade
Eleonora Harwich, Head of Collaborations, AI Lab at NHSX
Brian Miller, Chief Digital Officer, Intuitive
Tim Skinner, Sales Director Public Sector, NetApp
The Parliament & HealthTech Conference on 14th October 2021 will bring together stakeholders from the entire spectrum of health and social care to discuss the following theme: ‘HealthTech 2025: The Vision Ahead’.
This conference will:
• Reflect on the positive changes seen in the innovation landscape over the year and, hopefully, in addressing the patient backlog as well as the challenges of the next phase of the NHS recovery.
• Set a direction for travel for innovation policy between now and 2025.
• Explore how Government, policymakers, the NHS, the wider health system and industry can realise the longer-term vision for HealthTech innovation policy.
The session will consist of a keynote speech followed by a panel discussion with a broad range of health system representatives.
The 2021 Parliament & HealthTech Event series is supported by: